Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Butter vs Margarine

Hi Friends! This morning I made myself a whole wheat english muffin with an egg white and a Morningstar sausage patty. It was okay, I wasn't really feelin' the sausage patty though. I won't be eating another one of those for a while, it didn't hit the spot.
 Lunch today was cottage cheese and a HUGE fruit salad that consisted of: pineapple, grapes and blueberries. I didn't snap a pic because I assume you are all sick of seeing my fruit lunches. I worked until 2pm and then had an appointment for Megan to give me MUCH NEEDED and lonnnng overdue highlights. After my hair appointment, I came home and started on the Pizzelles for my Pap's 88th birthday party tomorrow (his actual b-day is today) I started to make these and wondered why they weren't turning out like normal. After a few rounds of them I realized, I used butter instead of margarine. They tasted the same, but they were all flaky and see-thru-ish....haha!

 Pizzelle Recipe (from my Aunt Mary)
*This is a half recipe, which makes plenty of Pizzelles!!
**You will need a Pizzelle Maker
3 eggs
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 stick MARGARINE
2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp vanilla extract

Beat eggs adding sugar gradually. Beat until smooth. Add cooled melted margarine and vanilla. Sift flour and baking powder and add to egg mixture. Dough will be sticky enough to be dropped by spoon.

Tonight Abram and I are having a quick dinner because he is going to a friend's house tonight. Whole wheat pasta tossed in pesto and olive oil. Mixed green salad on the side with balsamic vinegar. It was my first time using pesto as a "sauce" for pasta, it wasn't bad. Abram didn't like it though, said it was too pesto-y. Oh well, guess we'll stick to marinara from now on :)
 I am off to meet Mandi at the mall, then hopefully come home and do some exercising via On Demand :) See ya tomorrow!
Question: What sauce do you prefer on your pasta? Pesto? Marinara? Alfredo? Oil? Other?

No comments:

Post a Comment