Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fun in the Sun

Such a nice, warm Saturday we had today!! Although it was rudely interrupted with a migraine :( This morning we woke up and went straight to my grandparent's house to help pick blueberries and hang out. I had a bowl of Quaker Oat Square cereal for breakfast. We picked 16 pints of blueberries today. Me, Abram, mom, dad, Gina, Helena, and Tiya all contributed to picking these gorgeous berries.

 The girls reeeaaalllyyy loved these berries. Who could blame 'em? I left with 4 pints this time since I went thru the last 3 so quickly! I will be going back Thursday afternoon to help pick more. It's my pap's 88th birthday this Wednesday and my sister Toni will be home Thursday so we are going to go celebrate!! After berry picking, Helena helped sweep up the mess we made and rewarded herself with a snack, more berries!!

 How cute is that hat? I stole it several times today. My Aunt Barb got ahold of my camera and took pics of her (my pap's) garden, she sent me home with some basil and parsley. Any recipe ideas?? This garden is quite impressive, my pap has amazing gardening skills.

For lunch we grabbed some subs, Abram and I split a baked Italian and some cantaloupe. I cut Pap's hair underneath the apple tree and drove Helena's jeep around, I think I'm gonna trade my car in for this Princess machine!!

 I don't know if it was the heat or what, but I left there with a terrible migraine. Mom had one too :( So as soon as they dropped us off I went straight to bed with an ice pack for my eyes and slept for 2 hours. When I woke up I felt much better. I even convinced Abram to get me Frozen Yogurt for dinner!!
Now we are home and going to watch a couple movies tonight (we get free movies from Abram's work) We got 'Beastly' and 'Remember Me' Last night we watched 'The Lincoln Lawyer' and it was really good, although I don't remember hearing about it. Matthew McConaughey plays a really good character in this movie, def different than any other role he's played. Right now Misha is begging for her treats (I have a bunch of stale animal crackers that have now become hers) so I better go make her work for her food :) Have a great Saturday night!

Question: Any GOOD recipes I could use basil in? Blueberries?

No comments:

Post a Comment