Sunday, May 22, 2011

Runners High!

This day has been non stop busy! We woke up, ate a quick breakfast and then Abram went over to my grandparents house with my dad. They were installing cable in my gram & pap's room so pap could watch tv in the bedroom longer so gram won't have to lift him out of bed before the nurses come for the day! While Abram was working, I was running! I went to the gym and ran and ran and RAN! Today I did 5 miles in 46 minutes and 30 seconds. I was so extremely proud of my self. The last 1/2 mile I ran with a huge smile on my face, I bet all the people at the gym thought I was nuts. I had such a runner's high. After I got home and got ready, my cousin Gina took us over to my grandparent's house for lunch. Wish I was this peaceful in the car....

For lunch we had hoagies. I was hungry for these, and they were so good. I was ravenous so I didn't take a picture of my sandwich but it was big and glorious. After lunch we ate some homemade oatmeal creme pies and whoopie pies. I cut Helena's hair and then we played outside for a while before heading back over the mountain. I played with the girls on their swing set and we drew chalk people all over the driveway before Abram picked me up and we went back to the gym-I couldn't let Abram work out alone! While there a second time I lifted weights and did squats. Now this is the most delicious part of the day: KIWI FROZEN YOGURT!!!!!!!!! We picked up our friend Matt (who had never had it before-crazy, I know) and went downtown to enjoy a large cup of frozen yogurt. Today I got 1/2 angel food cake yogurt and 1/2 peanut butter yogurt. Topped with raspberries, pretzels, yogurt chips, rainbow sprinkles, and small pieces of cake. IT WAS INCREDIBLE. While eating our yogurt we walked around Campus Candy and took in all the beautiful sites...

Now I am home and finally relaxing. I think I will sleep good tonight! Hope you all had a good weekend :)
Question: Do you ever get a runner's high or workout high?

No comments:

Post a Comment