Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pap's 88th Birthday Celebration!

Hi ya'll. Today was a good one. My sister flew in from Florida for a long weekend, we celebrated my Pap's 88th birthday and I got to eat ice cream cake :) I started off the day with a cinnamon raisin bagel thin and ate it in the car on the way to work. Super safe, I know! For lunch I had the usual, plus a new addition. Quaker granola SMASH bar!! I had pretzel berry. I can't resist new snacks when I see them on the shelves at the grocery store, so of course when I saw these pretty little babies, I had to grab 'em! Cottage cheese, pineapple and grapes
 I also restocked my blueberry stash today while at Pap's, so you'll see these in tomorrow's lunch!

 After I got outta work I met Abram and home and we headed over the mountain to meet the fam. Upon arrival I was put to work in the blueberry patch (no complaints here) we picked 16 pints today! I brought 5 home, any bets on how long they last me??!? Of course we also played on the swings with Helena and Tiya and they just HAD to swing from the trees like monkeys again screaming "Oooo Ahhh Ahhh Ahhh!" Soooo cute!!


 For dinner we had an Italian dish called "scoupels" which is a thin crepe rolled up with parmesan cheese and soaked in beef broth. We also had meatballs, beef, salad, bread, and ziti with marinara. LOTS of good food for Pap's birthday. Dessert we had an ice cream cake from DQ~yum!

 Helena was especially excited about the "birfday cake"
 We are home now and I am going to do "Butt Bible" on Exerside TV. Have a great night!!
Question: Do you feel the urge to buy new food products when you see them in stores?

No comments:

Post a Comment