Friday, July 1, 2011

Homemade Pizza Crust!!!

Last night's Mexican night at Gina's was great. She made some really yummy food and some really yummy drinks :) The girls seemed to enjoy it too, they danced and sang, it was a good time!

Today I worked all day. I had 2 whole wheat waffles with lite syrup for breakfast. For lunch I had the same as yesterday: vanilla greek yogurt, grapes & Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal. For snack I had a green apple and (3) of my Funfetti granola bars! After work I stopped and picked up a movie for Abram and I to watch tonight. I chose 'Just Go With It' with Jennifer Anniston & Adam Sandler! For dinner we decided to try and make our own pizza crust. I'm pretty sure I found this recipe on All Cooks. IT IS AMAZING. The best pizza crust I have ever made, hands down!! It didn't stick, it rolled out easily and didn't tear! Not to mention it was REALLY delicious!! On the pizza we didn't use any sauce. We put pesto, mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperoni, ham, sauteed red peppers (on my side) and sauteed onions (on Abram's side) I don't think I eveerrr need sauce again. This was incredible.


Pizza Dough:
1 envelope active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1 1/2 tsp sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp olive oil (I used Smart Balance Oil)
1 tsp salt

*Put warm water in a cup; sprinkle yeast over water and stir in sugar; let stand for about 10 minutes or until it begins to bubble. 
*Combine flour and salt in large bowl, pour in oil and yeast mixture and stir until a stiff dough is formed. Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Add extra flour as needed to keep from sticking to hands/board.
*Cover dough ball in oil and place in a large greased bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. Dough should double. Punch down the dough and shape to fit into a lightly greased pan. Bake 15-20 minutes at 425 degrees. 

  On the side we had some salads. This was a really great Friday night dinner! I am lazy tonight and decided to skip my run for the day. This doesn't happen often, and I won't make a habit out of it! I work all day tomorrow and tonight I just feel like hangin' out! Don't judge me :) Have a great TGIF.
Question: Marinara sauce or Pesto on your pizza. What's YOUR favorite topping?







1 comment:

  1. Yum, pizza looks great! I love my tomato sauce on pizza--but I skip the cheese usually!

    ReplyDelete