Sunday, June 26, 2011

Home (bittersweet) Home

Well, after 30 hours of travel we FINALLY made it home. The train ride was a lot less comfortable on the way home~our seats weren't as comfortable as one the way down (or so we say) there was an annoying child running back & forth and screaming (let's say we were not friendly with him after a couple of hours) and NO ONE seemed to care how loud their conversations were past 10pm. After we got off the train, our car was the very LAST car to be called. JUST OUR LUCK. By this time we were all a little cranky and out of it. I pretty much fell asleep as soon as my butt hit the seat in our car. I dreamed of going back and seeing this instead of green trees and gray skies.
It was so nice walking into our house & finally being home. But I wish our home was here and not in PA :(
 I'm going to miss: my morning runs in the sweltering heat, sleeping in the same bedroom as my sissy, waking up to my dad making coffee and *trying* to be quiet, being in the same house as my mom again, seeing ocean on both sides of me as I drive down the road, easy going attitudes in the Keys, jumping in the cool water, the sun warming me, boating, palm trees....oh I could go on for DAYS. 



One GREAT thing about being home is Misha~she was so happy to finally be home! We took a 2 1/2 hour nap with her :) Now we are going to just relax and hang out tonight. I made chicken noodle soup for dinner and we don't plan on going anywhere. All errands can be done tomorrow. Well friends, I am back home so I will be putting up daily posts-keep an eye out ;) 



2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great trip! Your post made me homesick.
    Love the pictures (also made me miss our annual beach trip... booo)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a nice trip. Your photos are just beautiful--now I really need a beach vacation!

    ReplyDelete