Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thai food & Famous cupcakes!

Today was a fast paced Wednesday! I woke up and made a strawberry banana smoothie and on the side I had some dry Quaker Oat Squares. I ate them once I arrived at work. I was super busy at work today, it took me an hour just to eat this for lunch:
 2 cracker sandwiches with lite vegetable cream cheese, an apple & raisins. This should have taken 5 minutes max to eat, but I was back & forth from the front desk to the back. I'd take one bite and the phone would ring, or a client would want to check out! It was a long drawn out lunch, my apple was brown by the time I finished it. It was still good :) After lunch I went over to babysit my cousins while Gina ran out to get stuff for Helena's 3rd birthday party this Saturday. We colored, played in the pool & blew bubbles. We had a great time. When Gina got home I took off, I had dinner plans with some friends and ex-coworkers of mine. Veronika is moving to Colorado in a few weeks so it was her goodbye dinner~she chose Cozy Thai (which I love) I ordered "Drunken Noodles" which is stir-fried fresh rice noodles with bean sprouts, jalapeno pepper, fresh basil, and chicken. It was really yummy, I couldn't eat it all so I brought the rest home for Abram (that of course wasn't enough so there are perogies baking in the oven right now for him!) I had a really good time with the girls! (in the pic: Me, Michelle, Veronika & Cat) I will miss you Veronika!! Good luck in Colorado!!! 

On my way home I stopped at a local cupcake shop called Sugar On Top. They were even featured on Cupcake Wars back in January, she didn't win but she made it to the final 2!!! I chose a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting for me, and a red velvet with cream cheese frosting for Abram.

They were good, but doesn't beat my cupcakes & homemade frosting :) After our cupcakes we took Misha for a 20 minute walk around the hood. No running for me today, I am taking today OFF. Well folks, I am off to bathe the dog, clean the house & pack a little more before we leave Friday. Have a great night! XOXO
Question: Do you like Thai food? Anything in particular?

1 comment:

  1. I love Thai food! Pad Thai is my favorite, but I love all the Thai curries as well. I think I'm in the mood for thai food now!

    ReplyDelete